Sunday, July 19, 2009

Becoming a "Technologically Literate" Teacher

I must admit that all that is involved in becoming a technologically literate teacher is overwhelming to me. There is so much to learn, and the kids are already way ahead of me! Still, I can take heart in the fact that teachers are now learning that they can learn alongside of their students. There is hope for me yet!

A teacher who wants to be technology literate must have a desire to learn. That is what it is all about. Learning available technologies, learning which educators utilize them, learning how to utilize them ourselves, all lead to becoming a technologically literate teacher.

There are so many technologies at our disposal! Blogging, Twitter, iTunes, iTunes U, podcasts, facebook, YouTube, the possibilities are endless. Networking and collaboration have never before been so readily available to us. We need to learn to utilize these technologies in order to become technologically literate teachers.

Once more, I say that we must be willing to learn! Our students will benefit, and we will benefit. The opportunities are there. It is up to us to decide whether or not we will utilize these technologies for benefit. Will you become technologically literate? Will I? I hope so!

1 comment:

  1. I agree with your two key points: you must be willing to learn, AND this must be done with your students (or they must teach you)!

    Well done.

    ReplyDelete